IND vs NZ 1st T20 highlights
IND vs NZ: New Zealand beat India by 21 runs in the first T20. Batting first after losing the toss, New Zealand scored 176 runs losing six wickets in 20 overs. In response, the Indian team could only manage 155 runs for nine wickets in 20 overs. For India, Suryakumar Yadav scored 47 runs and Washington Sundar scored 50 runs. With this victory, New Zealand has taken a 1-0 lead in the three-match T20I series.
In the first match of the T20 series, Team India had to face a crushing defeat by 21 runs against New Zealand. With this, the Indian team has gone 0-1 down in the 3-match bilateral series.
With this defeat, India’s invincible record at Ranchi ground has been broken. Earlier, the team had not lost any T20 match here.
3 reasons to lose
- 27 runs in the last over Arshdeep Singh looted 27 runs in the last over of the first innings. Daryl Mitchell hit 3 sixes in his first 3 balls. If these runs were not scored then India would have got less target to win.
- Top order flop India’s top order flopped badly in the target of 177 runs. Shubman Gill 7 and Ishaan Kishan were dismissed after scoring 4 runs. At the same time, Rahul Tripathi also returned to the pavilion on the score of zero.
- Winning the toss and opting to bowl India’s captain Hardik Pandya ignored the pitch and chose to bowl after winning the toss. The spinners got help in the pitch. Had he batted first, he could have put New Zealand under pressure by scoring a big score. Spinners got more help in the second innings and India could not achieve the target.
Team India’s wickets fell like this
- On the third delivery of the second over, Michael Bracewell bowled Ishaan Kishan.
- Rahul Tripathi was caught by Dwayne Conway behind the wicket by Jacob Duffy in the second.
- Mitchell Santner got Shubman Gill caught by Finn Allen on the first ball of the fourth over.
- On the fourth ball of the 12th over, Surya caught Allen. Ish Sodhi kicked him out.
- On the second ball of the 13th over, Bracewell caught and bowled Pandya.
- Santner’s Conway baffled Hooda.
- Shivam Mavi was ejected on the seventh.
- In the eighth over, Loki Ferguson bowled Kuldeep Yadav.
- Ferguson struck out Sundar in the ninth over.
Hardik Pandya after losing the game
“No one even thought that the wicket would play like that and both teams were surprised. But they played better cricket on this and that’s why the result end up like that. Actually the new ball was turning more than the old one and the way spun, way it bounced it caught us by surprise. But somehow we pulled it back and were in the game till Surya and myself were batting. On hindsight, I don’t think this wicket was 177, we were with the ball and conceded 20-25 runs. It is a young group and we will only learn from this. The way he bowled, batted and fielded, it was Washington against New Zealand today. We needed someone who can bat and bowl, gives us a lot of confidence and it will help us going forward.”
Hardik Pandya read ballads in praise of Washington Sundar
Let us tell you that in the innings of the Indian team, Washington Sundar scored a half-century and handled the team’s innings in difficult times. The team may not win, but Sundar has definitely won everyone’s heart. In the first match, Sundar scored 50 runs in 28 balls at a strike rate of 178.57, which included 5 fours and 3 sixes. Captain Hardik Pandya was also impressed by his innings.
Get your cricket id for next 2 matches